|Home Overview Screenshots Help How to Buy Testimonials Videos|
Beginning Balance Transfer Utility
1. For security purposes, QuickBooks Integrated Applications such as this one cannot connect to a QuickBooks company file until you have set the Integrated Application Preferences within the QuickBooks file to allow the connection. For help on this subject, click Help>Initial Connection Screen in the program or see http://www.q2q.us/dtuconnection.htm (click the "Back" button on your browser to return to this screen.
2. IMPORTANT NOTE : This program is designed only for businesses using the accrual basis of accounting. QuickBooks reports run on the cash basis that include any receipts or payments affecting beginning balances created by this program will be incorrect.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE 2: To use this program you must temporarily:
(a) Uncheck the "Use account numbers" box at Edit>Preferences, Accounting Preferences or you will get an error that certain changes were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key or relationship. This error will prevent the trial balance from transferring.
(b) Edit the general ledger accounts for all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounts and remove any "Description" that may be entered for these accounts. The AR and AP reports used by this utility will return the AR or AP account description if there is one in the description field of these accounts. If there is no description, the reports will return the account name which is what is needed by the utility. Any data in the description fields will cause the opening AR and AP balance transfers to be rejected with an error that the account cannot be located.
4. The program can't handle Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounts
setup as sub accounts. The program uses QuickBooks reports to identify the data
to transfer and the reports only display the lowest sub-account name and the
program needs the name of the account and sub-account. To work around this
problem, make sure your A/R and A/P account and sub-accounts have unique names
and edit each of the A/R and A/P sub-accounts and remove the checkmark that says
it's a sub-account. If QuickBooks ask you if you want to merge the data,
click No and edit the account names and make them unique so QuickBooks won't try
to merge the accounts. Do this for both the source and destination companies.
After you transfer the data, you can edit the accounts and make them
sub-accounts again as they were before the transfer.
5. If inventory on hand contains Assembly Items, these will need to be entered manually in the new file because the QuickBooks inventory report we use to determine quantities on hand omits Assembly items for some reason.
6. If you use Units of Measure you may need to manually adjust the quantities on hand in the new file. The Intuit Software Development Kit that we use to develop this software has a bug which incorrectly converts the imported quantities from stocking units to selling units. For example if you have 9 boxes of Butane (6 cans per box,) and sell by the can, the SDK incorrectly converts the imported quantity of 9 to 1.5., (i.e. it assumes you are importing 9 cans instead of 9 boxes). Using the Inventory Adjustment screen you can change the quantity back to 9 and leave the inventory amount (which is imported correctly) unchanged.
How To Buy Help
Copyright 2003-2014 , by Karl Irvin