Videos Printer Alignment
How to Buy
Bank Draft Creator
This program creates checks on your customers bank accounts using Sales Receipt or Payment data recorded in QuickBooks. You can deposit the checks in your bank account and they are legal if you have the payors approval. Checks like this have been used by collection agencies, telemarketers, utilities etc. for many years. These checks are faster and cheaper than credit cards and other payment methods because you can deposit them the same day that you create them and there are no fees for depositing the checks. These checks are sometimes called tele-checks, phone checks, telephone drafts or remotely created checks. The payors approval can be verbal or written.
The program creates checks from Sales Receipt or Receive Payment transactions entered in QuickBooks. You can enter the sales receipts or payments manually or to reduce effort you can create a batch of Sales Receipts in QuickBooks (using memorized transactions or our Invoice Duplicator program from http://www.q2q.us/idoverview.htm ) and then create and deposit checks for all of the Sales Receipts in a few minutes and without and additional data entry. This makes the program very useful for handling recurring payments such as monthly dues or fees.
The program can also be used as a collection tool where you offer to draft on a customers bank account instead of relying on them to send you a check on a past due account. Just record their approved payment in QuickBooks and use this program to create their check and take it to the bank.
1. Pro or higher version of QuickBooks. Click the "How to Buy:" link at the top of this page to see the versions of QuickBooks that the program works with.
2. Microsoft Access 2000 to 2013 or the free Microsoft Access Runtime engine which can be downloaded from the "How to Buy" page.
3. Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8.
4. A laser printer capable of printing 600 dpi.
5. Blank check stock with 3 full size checks per page. This is available from many sources places but we use form CP/616 from CheckMagic (click where it says Secure Online Order Form)
6. A MICR toner cartridge is recommended but we have been using regular toner for at least 6 years now with 3 different banks and have received no complaints from the banks. One of our payees noted that her in-house check scanner couldn't scan the checks. This was probably because the small scanner was MICR only and not optical like most larger bank scanners. MICR toner cartridges are available from many places including CheckMagic which is noted in the previous paragraph.
7 MICR fonts. This program will install the required fonts.
8. Microsoft Word to print the printer calibration form and for the bank draft authorization form.
QuickBooks is a registered trademark and service mark of of Intuit, Inc. in the United States and other countries. This program is designed for use with QuickBooks and Enterprise Solutions software only. (See the "How to Buy" page for more information)
Copyright 2010 -2013 by Karl Irvin